Tales from the Old Country
Audiences will visit their favourite passive-aggressive grandparents and find out the hilarious truth about their heritage in ImproMafia’s new improvised comedy Tales from the Old Country as part of the Brisbane Comedy Festival.
The completely unscripted show will see grandparents Amy Currie and Luke Rimmelzwaan taking their cues from the audience as they tell stories about their past in the undefined (but vaguely European) ‘Old Country’, spill juicy family secrets and blatantly play favourites (because frankly they’ve never forgiven your father for what he did at Easter in 1986). Good grandchildren might even get a biscuit.
- Saturday 7, 14 and 21 March 2015 @ 5:30pm -Rooftop Terrace, Brisbane Powerhouse (ages 15+)
- $25 plus booking fee (single ticket $3, multiple tickets $6)
- Bookings: http://brisbanepowerhouse.org/events/2015/03/07/tales-from-the-old-country or +61 7 3358 8600
Iron Improviser 10 : Ju-nen
The stage is set once again for the tenth anniversary of the ultimate impro showdown...
Armed with nothing but their wits and their training, ImproMafia’s finest newcomers and veterans will be thrown into Impro Stadium to fend for themselves.
Stripped of their names, each player battles for the right to be known as Iron Improviser Kitsune. But to progress through the impro trials they must craft improvised comedy scenes of such beauty and hilarity that they win over the three Iron Judges.
16 players battle for comedic supremacy, but there can only be one victor! This is a comedy night fans of “Thank God You’re Here” and “Whose Line is It Anyway?” cannot afford to miss…
- Venue: Brisbane Arts Theatre, 210 Petrie Terrace
- Date: Sunday 21st of Dec
- Start and Finish Times: 6.30pm
- Tickets: $15
The Knock Off at the Powerhouse
Down tools, gather your friends, knock off and start your weekend with a good laugh at the Brisbane Powerhouse.
ImproMafia takes over the KnockOff with four of Brisbane's best comedians working hard to create hilarity with off-the-cuff comedy and songs while you put your feet up and laugh your way into the weekend.
- When: 6pm, the last Friday of each month.
- Where: Brisbane Powerhouse
- How much: absolutely free!
Dig up your funnybone this Monday night, as ImproMafia kicks off their ten year anniversary with a new weekly comedy show, Underdog Impro.
Brisbane's best improvisers will fire off five rapid rounds of improvised scenes, competing for your amusement. It’s your offers that inspire them and your laughs that they crave.
- Where: Underdog Pub, 186 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley
- When: Every Monday night. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30 show.
- Entry: Free
Off the Cuff Comedy
Every second Thursday night, the doors to ImproMafia’s Speakeasy swing open and Brisbane’s best up-and-coming improvisers take to the stage alongside some of ImproMafia’s seasoned veterans to delight an audience of discerning comedy lovers.
- Where : Casablanca's Cellar Club, 52 Petrie Terrace, near Caxton Street
- When: Doors open at 7.
- Entry is free.